12/1/12

The Secret Life of Bees

The Secret Life of BeesThe Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was in the Orem Utah Public Library in their used book buying section, when a lady and I started swapping books to each other that we had read and thought were very good. She recommended this book to me as a great read.

This was interesting at first. A girl is very angry at her father, she has a maid who is her "mother", she sees and hears and is obsessed with bees. She leaves her home with her maid, and starts a life of learning about bees, learning about life, and learning to grow up. She learns to care for bees, to love bees, and falls in love with the bee keeper boy.

I lost interest, it wasn't very intriguing. I give this a Thumbs Down.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment