2/21/12

Mr. Popper's Penguin game

 Details: This is an all wood game for children 4 and up.  2-4 players, and it does have small parts.  You have 12 penguins, 12 colored eggs, 4 iceberg scoring boards, and 2 colored dice.  This takes about 10-15 minutes to play.  The penguins hide the different colored eggs and after they're all mixed up you take turns rolling the dice and lifting up a 2 penguins trying to find matching colored eggs.  Its a cute and fun twist on the matching game that gives kids hours of fun and laughter.

Information:  We checked this game out at the Orem Public Library's PERC center.  My kids ages 5 and 2 love this game.  The penguins are super cute and remind us all about Mr. Popper's Penguins the movie with Jim Carrey.  We've played this game a few times now and each time the kids get a kick out of trying to find the different colored eggs, and trying to trick me into loosing.  I really do like this game, its made by Blue Orange.  My only con is that this game should really be for children ages 3 to 5.  I would think anyone older than 5 would be bored with this game.  I highly suggest this game as a great way to learn colors, matching, and memorization.

                              My Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment