9/19/13

DIY Night Cleansers & Creams

Trying to find that perfect night cream or cleanser and don't want to pay a fortune for it?  Well here are some ideas you can try.

Night Cleanser:







Add 2 parts Castor oil and 8 parts Sunflower oil.  Blend well.  Use this to clean the makeup off your face and eyes.

I personally add to the above, 1 part coconut oil, 1 part clear aloe vera gel, 1 part vegetable glycerin.





After I cleanse my face, I use a DIY astringent listed below.  Then I take a dime size of the the above Night Cleanser and massage it on my face.  Afterwards, I get my fingers wet and massage again.  Glycerin reacts with water and allows the moisture, along with the sunflower oil, to seep into your deeper layers of skin better, providing deeper moisturizing.




Astringent:

Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 1 part water.  Apply with cotton balls until all makeup residue is gone.


Night Cream:



If you've already purchased a night time moisturizer that you don't like, don't throw it out just yet.  Take your inferior night cream (4 oz.), and add 1/8 teaspoon of liquid Vitamin C and the contents of a 100-IU Vitamin E capsule.  Blend well.  You now have a more nourishing night cream that will do more for your face than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment