10/1/13

Protein Snacks that Provide Real Energy

Details:  Hormel Rev Wraps are a great substitute for a protein bar.  With over 15 g. of Protein per wrap, thats pretty decent.  They have real meat and real cheese and real energy.  They come in 8 delicious flavors.
  • Ham & Cheese
  • Pepperoni Pizza
  • Peppered Turkey
  • Meat Lovers Pizza
  • Italian Style Ham
  • Hot Pepper Ham
  • Italian Style
  • Spicy Italian Style




Review:  These are a fairly tasty snack to give kids, teens and adults.  They're just flat bread (or a big tortilla) meat and cheese.  By themselves they are OK, but personally I found they were better when we added cream cheese and spinach.  Other ingredients like tomatoes, onions and olives would have been delicious too.  Heat them up or eat them as is.  If you don't heat them up, they're kind of on the dry side, but still fairly tasty.

I personally wouldn't buy these without coupons, as they run around $2 per single serving.  I could make several when you break down the cost of ingredients.  I just wouldn't have the big oblong looking tortilla.

For someone who likes pre-made snacks for kids, these are great.  Going to soccer practice or games?  Be sure to give your kid one of these before and he'll do just fine.

Pros:  Lots of flavors to chose from, fairly tasty as is.

Cons: A little dry, I liked mine better with added ingredients.  A bit too pricey for me.  Would rather make my own.

My Rating:  Thumbs down for cost and a bit dry. However, I know this will work well for a lot of families out there.

Disclaimer:  I received coupons from Bzzagent to facilitate this review.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment