All right ladies, let's talk hair. How do you keep it healthy and natural? Here are a few cool secrets to keeping your hair looking silky smooth.
Healthy Hair Gel: hair gel can ruin your hair, cause itchy scalp, or even flake if it doesn't work with your hair and work the way you want it to. We found this great recipe for healthy hair gel, and the woman who created this and uses it gives you options for your specific hair type, and hair issues, as well as why each ingredient is healthy for your hair! We've linked to her actual recipe site so you can read her knowledge. Amazing! I need to try this for my kids and husband.
Hair Gel Recipe Ingredients
- 1 packet of plain gelatin (.25oz)
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice or 3 drops lemon essential oil
Food for your Hair: the health of your hair is affected by what you eat. So here is a list of great foods that target the health of your hair. We've linked to the source where they also explain normal expectations, concerns, and conditions you should take to your doctor.
- High volume of fatty acids
- Flaxseed Oil, ground flaxseed powder
- Cold water fish: salmon, krill
- Minerals: Zinc and Copper
- shell fish, meat, poultry
- B Vitamins
- Eggs, meat, whole grains
- Selenium found in Dark leafy Vegetables
- Kale, Spinach, Beet Greens
- 1 cup Baking Soda: mix with enough water to make a thin paste and rub in your hair, massage into scalp, and then rinse out.
- White Vinegar: put into a squirt bottle and soak hair, then rinse out.
We hope you enjoyed this article! Have other tips or tricks on how you keep your hair silky smooth? Comment below!