5/21/13

Haven: A Stranger Magic


Details: The Dalcome family is the normal average family, brother and sister are always fighting each other, single Mother works so much and so hard to give her children what they need and some of what they want.  The son is so average that no one knows him, sees him.  The daughter has a short fuse on her temper, and when she blows abnormal things happen.  Who is the stranger that the son is stalking, and why can the daughter do things that seem like magic?

My Review:  I haven't read short stories in a long time, so to get a group of short stories to read, has been a pleasant change.  The author is talented, because the story line is easy to follow, the characters are from everyone's reality, the magic isn't corny but well written.  To compare this short story, I would have to say that the magic is a mix between Harry Potter and the Spiderwick Chronicles.  The lives of the characters are a mix between Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Harry Potter, and Narnia series.  I wasn't sure what to expect, and though the short story leaves you hanging.  Meaning that I can't wait to see where this goes.

Pros: great fantasy short story

Cons: none

                                                                                       My Rating 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment