5/31/13

Emergen-C Fizz

Details:  Emergen-C contains 1000 mg. of Vitamin C, which supports your immune system and promotes overall health.  It has 7 B Vitamins to enhance energy naturally.  I also has 24 other nutrients, as well as electrolytes and antioxidants to refuel and replenish post workout.  There is no caffeine, so no crash.
Review:  I was able to try both the Tangerine and Lemon-Lime flavors of Emergen-C.  You can take one of these packets and add as much water as you would like up to 6 ounces.  I added the 6 ounces.  First of all I don't like Orange flavored anything, so my husband got that one.  Although I did try it.  Shouldn't have.  It was gross.  On the other hand, my husband likes orange flavored anything, and thought it was ok.  We both liked the lemon-lime flavor.  That being said, I could only think of alka-seltzer when I drank the Emergen-C.  This is not my cup of tea. My hubby said the same thing.  I'd much rather swallow a tablet with the same things in it than to drink this fizz.  This might be appealing to kids, but not to us.
We both liked all that it had in one 6 ounce glass.  We should have waited to take this after our Tabata exercise session.  Despite that, I felt energized and raring to go this morning, while in the afternoon, I felt like I needed another pick-me-up.  I don't want to rely on drugs or caffeine for that.  I just need more sleep.  Once I get caught up, I'll be just fine.

In the meantime, I'll keep looking for a better way to get my Vitamin C.  However, if this is what you prefer, get yours here.

Pros:  Contains a lot of great ingredients to help fight off colds etc., or to help refuel and replenish post workouts.

Cons:  Did not like the fizziness, nor the orange flavor.

My rating:  Thumbs Down.


No comments:

Post a Comment