8/30/12

UnBroken

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and RedemptionUnbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Details: Based on a true story, Louie Zamperini starts life as a crazy thieving scoundral and gets into so much trouble life is literally going to see him in jail. But his big brother Pete saves the day. Louie becomes a runner, a great runner turns his life around and starts to dream BIG dreams. But those dreams are shattered when World War II starts. He's drafted into the Air Force, and finds a group of wonderful friends that join him in a HELL of a journey to defend, protect and rescue our American Nation. Will starvation, vermin, burtality, deadly cold or blistering heat break this man? Will he come back to his family? What about his friends? Will they survive? Would we be able to handle anything similar or not even similar without breaking? Can we become Unbroken through the motivation found in this wonderful, sad, amazing, horrific beautiful story?

My Review: I read this because a good friend said she liked it. I was really hoping to read this on my Kindle Fire, but the Library got the printed version in before the kindle version. I read this book religiously for 10 days straight 2-3 hours a day. I'm a fast reader, but this book needed to be read in small, slow parts otherwise one could easily get caught up in the sadness, the joy, the horrendous graphic HELL Louie was put through. This is worth the long hours, and the many days to read. Its the best true story book that I've read and enjoyed in a while.

Pros: Motivational, true story with pictures, real facts etc.

Cons: none

My Rating: 2 THUMBS UP!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment