10/15/14

Certified Organic White Sesame Seeds

Details:  Jiva Organics is a family owned business that offers a line of certified organic spices.  They are USDA certified organic. They are of extremely high quality. They sell exclusively on Amazon. Order your White Sesame Seeds here.

#jivaorganics
White Sesame Seeds has a host of health benefits.  They are high in copper, manganese, calcium and magnesium.

Naturalsociety.com provides the following list:

Here are some notable vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients you can expect to find in a 1 ounce (28g) serving of sesame seeds.
  • Manganese – 0.7 mg. 35% RDA.
  • Copper – 0.7 mg. 35% RDA.
  • Calcium – 277 mg. 28% RDA.
  • Iron –  4.1 mg. 23% RDA.
  • Magnesium – 99.7 mg. 25% RDA.
  • Tryptophan – 93 mg.
  • Zinc – 2 mg. 13% RDA.
  • Fiber – 3.9 g. 16% RDA.
  • Thiamin – 0.2 mg. 15% RDA.
  • Vitamin B6 – 0.2 mg. 11% RDA.
  • Phosphorous – 179 mg. 18% RDA.
  • Protein – 4.7 g.
Review:  For years I've made the Oriental Cabbage Salad, especially after Thanksgiving.  (I prefer to use turkey instead of chicken.)  I've never had sesame seeds on hand to add to the salad, let alone remember to think about getting them when I'm at Whole Foods.  My local grocers don't seem to carry them, and I usually don't purchase food via the internet.
When I had the opportunity to review the White Sesame Seeds from Jiva Organics, I immediately made the Oriental Cabbage Salad.  Finally, I could add the sesame seeds to this delicious salad.  It was yummy.
I have since been going crazy adding sesame seeds to lots of dishes.  I put them in omlets, tuna salad, smoothies and yogurt as a sprinkle on top, soups, other salads, etc.  Even by themselves, they are tasty.

Be sure to check out Jiva on FB, and order your certified organic spices from them on Amazon.
Here's my Oriental Cabbage Salad Recipe:
Salad:
1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
2 cups cooked turkey, bite size pieces (your preference white/dark)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 c. slivered almonds
3 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 pkg. Oriental noodles, broken in small pieces

Dressing:
3 Tbsp. vinegar
3 Tbsp. olive oil
Pepper about 1/8 tsp 
Salt to taste, about 1 tsp.
Pkg. of seasoning packet in Ramen noodles

Combine all ingredients for Salad and mix well.  Next combine all ingredients for dressing, and shake well in container before pouring onto salad.  After adding dressing, mix well and refrigerate salad at least an hour before eating.

Pros: Great Packaging. Arrived Quickly. Sesame Seeds smelled fresh.  Like knowing they are certified organic.

Cons:  None.

My Rating:  Thumbs UP!!!

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment