8/22/14

Derma Roller

The Petunia Skincare Derma Microneedle Roller contains 540 very fine medical grade stainless steel needles.  It comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.  Derma Rollers aid in forming firmer and thicker skin. They help smooth facial scars, stimulate collagen and elastin production, help remove stretch marks and scars.  The Derma Roller also aids in diminishing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.  It can be used on any part of the skin.  It creates multi micro-channels in the skin, allowing products more able to penetrate the skin at a deeper level than just surface application. The Derma Roller by Petunia Skincare has 1.00mm 540 Needles.

Derma Roller
#dermaroller


Review:  The following caught my attention when reading about the Derma Roller from Petunia Skincare:

Tired of wrinkles and those unsightly acne scars and stretch marks? How about attaining a tighter skin?   Do You Suffer From the Following Problems?:

~ Superficial acne scarring
~ Deep scars and stretch marks
~ Sagging skin
~ Wrinkles and fine lines
~ Cellulite
~ Large pores
~ Hyperpigmentation
~ Lax Skin & Elasticity

Since I suffer from the majority of problems from that list I thought this would be an interesting product to try.  For the last two weeks I have focused solely on my face.  I have wrinkles that are getting deeper around my mouth.  I don't want to look old yet. So I began using this.

I first wash my face, tone my face, apply Vitamin C Serum, then a facial moisturizer.  THEN...I begin my Derma Roller Treatments.  I focus on a once inch square on my face (the ones with the deep wrinkles.) I roll up and down 10 times each direction forming an X pattern.  Then I roll up and down in the middle of the X 10 times.  After that I move on to the next wrinkle and repeat.  I even do this by my eyes.

One does not have to push very hard, yet it is recommended to push hard enough to make your face red. Some recommend a numbing cream.  I have pushed hard enough to draw blood, and have skipped that section until it healed, before going back over it.  That being said, below is listed the proper way to use a Derma Roller, taken from HubPages.

Procedure:
  • Before using your derma roller, wash your skin with a good, antibacterial cleanser.
  • Rinse the cleanser off thoroughly. Dab your skin with a towel until dry.
  • If using a numbing cream, apply it to your face after towel drying. Apply more than one application to better numb the area, allowing the ointment to fully seep into your skin before each application.
  • Once the numbing cream has activated, repeat steps one and two.
  • Use the derma roller in horizontal and vertical motions, similar to the technique found in the video. Whenever you want to do another area, lift up the derma roller instead of dragging it to the next location.
  • Once you've completed rolling, rinse your face with the antibacterial cleanser. Pat dry. Apply your Vitamin C serum (or Hyaluronic Acid, to hydrate your skin-recommended).
  • Apply optional coconut oil.
Note: Before rolling, always check the needles to make sure they aren't dull. If your needle appears dull, you should replace the derma roller. After rolling, always clean your roller. 
How often/How Long to Use a Derma Roller
Some package instructions may say to use the product once or twice a week. This is not necessary, and not advised. The needles do puncture the skin, which means the skin needs time to heal. You can use your derma roller once a month, but it's recommended to use it once every 40 days. If you use the smallest needles, you can get away with using it daily or weekly.
How long should one treatment last? This is a very good question, but it varies for everyone. There should be no fixed time. However long it takes you to go over the affected area one time is how long it takes one treatment. Make sure to read and re-read the process of derma rolling in this article until you're confident enough to use the product.
Derma Roller

Despite the fact that I didn't do it quite correctly these last two weeks, I have seen positive results.  My deep wrinkles around my mouth started to lessen and fade away. I was very impressed.  Unfortunately, when I had a night where I didn't sleep at all, I think all of those wrinkles came back heavy and strong.  Now that I know how to correctly use this product, I will post results later.
Overall, I believe this is a great product, and will continue to use it.  
Pros:  Did notice a difference in wrinkles around my mouth diminishing.  I like how my skin feels invigorated afterwards.

Cons: Instructions were very minimal.  It can be painful.

My Rating: Thumbs Up for working, Thumbs Down for pain and lack of complete instructions
.
Derma Roller

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment