2/15/12

Blaze of Glory




Details:  A broken family is brought together when something  happens to the teenage daughter, and her wonderful horse Blaze.  Learn what happens when major rules are broken on a horse farm, and how these mistakes change the whole life of each individual involved.  Can a teenage romance be more than just a fling?  M. Garzon has wonderful insight and details.  Twin power comes into play as the adopted twin siblings learn to love a hard man who is filled with anger, guilt, and sorrow.  Can their love really soften his heart and bring their family stronger when the time is needed to be strong?  This book is being considered for a TV series and hosted on USA Today's website.

Information:  Okay, so here's my opinion.  I love horse books, and this one was very intriguing.  My instructions: read the prologue, if you are sucked in I highly suggest you buy the book (Kindle or printed versions available).  This was the first Kindle book I've read, and I was able to down load the Kindle app to my computer to read this book.  Its 334 pages long, normally that would take me 3  uninterrupted hours to read.  But this took me 3 days to finish.  I was sucked in, I was over whelmed by the emotions that my body went through as I read, and I'm a much slower reader when its on electronic devices because my eyes get tripped out.  The first half of the novel is all about the horse farm, Tea's goals and hard work to become a champion jumper.  That part was very entertaining, educational to someone who loves horses and has always wished she could own a few one day.

The second half of the book is all about the changes that happen to Tea as she grows up more, finds herself, and follows her heart.  If you read Twilight, you will love this book!  The romance, the conflict and tension of ignoring teenage sexuality are very big in this novel.  The action and adventure were very entertaining!  There is very little language: specifically 3 words used once each.   For something that is new and fresh that is impressive.

My personal disclaimer: I do not support sexuality outside of wedlock especially teenagers messing around with sex. In addition,  I do not support drug usage nor drinking, but did like that the author did put in consequences that were fit for the dangers the teens in this book took when participating in drugs and alcohol.  This book has all of this, if you are uncomfortable reading any material with those in it, then I don't suggest you read it.  Withe the language its mild cursing, which I can over look easier than heavy curse words.


SALE:  the Kindle version of this book is on sale until March 31 2012.  You can buy it straight from this link: 
http://www.mgarzon.ca/buy.html
                                                               My Rating
I give this book a thumbs up for awesome writing skills, fun entertainment, and excitement, and for being able to suck me into the story line within the first 10 pages.  That is a sure sign of a great book.  I give it a thumbs down for the content which I personally don't support, and want viewers to know what they are getting into.  However, if this turns into a series I would want to finish reading the rest of it.

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment