1/10/17

Lymphatic System and Burdock Root

Several years ago, I was informed by my doctor that the large lumps under my armpits were not due to cancer, thank goodness, but due to clogged lymph nodes.  I was told to stop using deodorant, especially antiperspirants immediately.  Well that was easy, I didn't use any.  I didn't sweat, period.  That raised some concern with the doctor.  He then told me to increase my daily water consumption and make sure I drink 8-10 glasses of water daily, not counting any other juices, milk etc.  I don't remember what all else I was asked to do, but I did notice that within a couple of weeks, the lumps under my armpits had significantly diminished.

Over the years, I have come to realize that my lymphatic system was not functioning like it should since I was a very little girl.  From about age two, I was a very sickly child.  I got all of the childhood diseases, plus a few more.  About the only thing I didn't get was polio.

Needless to say, I've been on a quest to clean my lymphatic system most of my adult life, but especially as of late.  I've made great progress.  I've been reading and studying up on it, and have realized just how important this system is. The lymphatic fluid rests just below the skin; if it is toxic or sluggish (from processed foods, smoking, chemical body products, lack of exercise), the skin simply won’t look good. A healthy glow comes from the inside out. Even the fluid in the eyes is lymphatic fluid. The cleaner your are inside, the brighter and clearer your eyes will be – truly a window to your health!

The following is by Reuben Chow, reported in the Natural News. "The lymphatic system is part of the body's immune system and functions as the body's "drainage" system. While it often doesn't get as much attention as the cardiovascular system, it actually plays vital roles in maintaining good health and combating disease."
Below are key points regarding the functions of the lymphatic system:

• Lymphatic vessels remove blood proteins and excess water from spaces surrounding bodily cells - this allows the cells to receive critical oxygen. A congested lymphatic system results in oxygen-deprived cells, which in the long-term can lead to various pains and diseases.
• Lymph fills spaces between bodily cells, bringing nutrients to the cells as well as removing unwanted materials from them - these include dead cells, bacteria, heavy metals, fatty globules, and other waste products.
• Bringing toxins away from cells is actually the lymphatic system's main function. Lymph circulates through the lymphatic system, carrying waste materials away from various parts of the body.
• The 
lymph nodes then filter the lymph, neutralizing and dumping bacteria and other pathogens, as well as neutralizing and getting rid of other toxins. They then bring these materials to the bloodstream, while the lymphocytes are allowed to pass through.
• Thereafter, the unwanted toxins are brought through the blood to the kidneys and liver, organs of detoxification, where they are dealt with and then excreted from the body. Some of the 
lymph is also dumped straight into the large intestines, where it is excreted with the feces.
Knowing this, I now needed to find ways to clean my lymph and strengthen it so it would function properly.  Key points to help with this task are:
  • ·         exercise regularly, especially rebounding (mini-tramp)
  • ·         dry skin brushing
  • ·         eating healthy, especially more fruits and vegetables
  • ·         drinking the right amount of water for your body
  • ·         deep breathing to increase oxygen to your cells
  • ·         lymphatic massage

burdock root
Burdock Root (Powder)

Herbs also play a vital part in healing and cleansing the lymph system.  They include:
  • ·         Cleavers
  • ·         RedClover
  • ·         BurdockRoot
  • ·         Astragalus
  • ·         Echinacea
  • ·         Goldenseal
  • ·         Pokeroot
  • ·         Wild Indigo Root

These are all excellent herbs that will help cleanse the lymphatic system and flush out toxins accumulated in the lymph. All herbal products should be taken in conjunction with an organic food diet or food which is free of any and all chemical products and substances.
Burdock Root is especially good for:
  • Detoxing Blood and Lymph (It is a blood purifier.)
  • Relieves liver and gall bladder ailments
  • Acne
  • Psoriasis
  • Eczema
  • Promotes Perspiration
  • Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
  • Releases Water retention
  • Aids in circulation
Bulk Supplements Burdock Root
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon daily
As I have been taking a combination of several of the above herbals, and constantly strive to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily, exercise daily-especially those that stimulate the lymph such as rebounding and jump roping, doing the dry skin brushing etc., I have noticed a big improvement.  I see it in my eyes, and I feel it in my legs, as well as the lymph nodes under my arms.  My eyes are becoming greener every day, the orange haze is disappearing.  My legs, specifically my calves, do not swell as much.  I now sweat which keeps my underarm lymph nodes from swelling.  I rarely get sick, but when I do, I feel it is more a detox cleanse type of being sick, rather than catching the next virus going around.  I am more healthy today than I was during my childhood.


Like I've mentioned before in other posts, Bulk Supplements are a great place to obtain many of the herbs listed above.  They offer the cleanest, purest forms of dry herbs and supplements.  I have recommended them to friends and family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment